Most of us made New Year's resolutions – and then forget about them, gave up and made excuses - but if you only make one this year that you stick to, this could be it.
Get your business finances in place and start 2019 as you mean to go on.
Yes, you might still have the last tax year from April to December in a carrier bag but we can take care of that for you – just ask us!
In the meantime though, here are some useful tips to get you off to a flying start!
Write a brief note on receipts if it's not obvious. We won't have to bother you to find out what the £1.99 in Wilko's was for.
Get a receipt for every transaction, Remember, without a receipt, we can't reclaim the VAT.
Talk to us! Thinking of buying a van or some new equipment? We can advise you of the best way to finance this, and the best timings.
Don't worry about competing with your mate down the pub. His business probably isn't doing as well as he makes out.
- Whilst we're on the subject of your mate down the pub, he probably isn't a VAT or tax expert. Don't be too quick to take his advice. Pick up the phone and ask us instead – we know our stuff.
- Get your paperwork to us nice and early. We can then prioritise your work and give you plenty of notice on how much tax or VAT you'll have to pay.
- Please don't ignore the brown envelopes. If you don't want to open them, send them our way so we can support you.
- Always have a business goal, let us know what it is too and keep reminding yourself of this. It will help get you where you want to be.
- Tell us if something changes. No longer have a second job? Let us know so we can give you the best advice.
- Remember, your bookkeeper loves cake. (How did that get in here?)
We offer a wide range of services to support businesses from start-up to established so if you'd rather not be worrying about tax dates, VAT, filing, reconciling and all that jazz, ask us to take care of it for you.
It's much easier – we promise!
Get in touch to speak to us about a bespoke service for you.